1. combine 1/4 cup pesto and 2 Tbsp. mayo in a small bowl, stirring to blend.
2. sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt.
3. heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat, add chicken, cook approximately 3 minutes each side or until done.
4. Remove chicken to cutting board; cool slightly then cut lenghwise into thin slices.
5. Preheat broiler; cut bread lengthwise and place cut sides up, on baking sheet.
6. Broil 3 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from pan.
7. Spread pesto mayo evenly over cut sides of bread.
8. Arrange chicken slices evenly over bottom half of bread.
9. Top chicken evenly with cheese. (add fresh basil at this stage)
10. Place bottom half on baking sheet and broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
11. Add sliced tomato, (add roasted bell pepper at this stage) cover with top half of bread, cut into 4 equal pieces and serve while warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (254g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 305 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.8g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.1g||91 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.5g|
|Cholesterol 117mg||36 %|
|Sodium 1062.1mg||37 %|
|Potassium 482.4mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 11.9g|
|Protein 46.7g||67 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 548
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.