1. Cut the cheese sticks in half, making 24 slices, then freeze the slices in the freezer until completely frozen
2. Beat the egg in a small bowl. Use a separate bowl to combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
3. To bread the cheese sticks: First dip the frozen cheese stick into the flour, then into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture
4. Once all of the 24 sticks are coated, place them on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil coated with a few drops of olive oil or sprayed with cooking spray (this will keep cleanup to a minimum, and keep the sticks from sticking!)
5. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 4 minutes, or until crisp. They need to be watched closely so they don’t melt completely!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (37g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 65 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.3g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.3g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 31mg||10 %|
|Sodium 222.2mg||8 %|
|Potassium 10.8mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.6g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 4.5g|
|Protein 8g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 110
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.