1. Heat ghee in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Add the onions.
3. Cook onions until they are soft and golden, about 5 minutes and season the onions with salt.
4. Once the onions are soft and golden, add the ginger and garlic.
5. Cook until the ginger and garlic are fragrant, about 2 minutes.
6. Add the carrot and celery.
7. Cook until the carrots and celery are soft, about 5 minutes.
8. Stir the vegetables regularly to ensure that they cook evenly.
9. Add the spices and mix until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
10. Add the masoor dal and stir until the lentils are covered in the ghee.
11. Add the chicken stock and cover the pot.
12. Bring soup to a simmer.
13. Add the chicken breasts to the soup.
14, Cover the pot and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
15. Remove chicken and place on cutting board.
16. Cut up chicken into largish chunks, about 1".
17. Put half of the soup into a blender or use a blending stick.
18. If using a blending stick, only blend until about half of the chunks have been blended and then go to step 22.
19. If using a blender, remove the stopper in the lid, otherwise you will be covered in hot soup.
20. Using the blend or pulse function, blend the soup until smooth.
21. Add the soup from the blender into the remaining soup.
22. Add the chicken back to the soup.
23. Cover and bring soup back to a simmer.
24. Remove soup from heat and turn off the burner.
25. Add the lime or lemon juice to the soup.
26. Add the coconut milk.
27. Mix thoroughly.
28. Serve with chopped chives as garnish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (169g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 146 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.2g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.8g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 44.6mg||14 %|
|Sodium 117.2mg||4 %|
|Potassium 449.9mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.6g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 8.5g|
|Protein 11.2g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 228
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!