1. Peel potatoes, then cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in a medium saucepan with 1 peeled garlic clove, 1 rosemary sprig, and enough salted water to cover by 1 inch. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 12 minutes. Drain, discard rosemary sprig, and return potatoes to saucepan. Cover to keep warm off heat.
2. Halve mushrooms (quarter if large). Finely chop onion. Slice carrots crosswise into 1½-inch pieces (halve or quarter pieces lengthwise if large). In a medium pot or Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high. Add mushrooms; cook, stirring, until browned and liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop 1½ teaspoons rosemary. Add onions, carrots, and 1 tablespoon oil to pot with mushrooms; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and rosemary and 1 tablespoon each of tomato paste and flour; cook until fragrant and tomato paste is slightly darkened, about 1 minute.
4. Add tamari, 1 cup water, and 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Lower heat, cover, and simmer until vegetables are soft and sauce resembles a thick stew, about 10–15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Return saucepan with potatoes to medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter and ? cup milk; use a potato masher or fork to mash until smooth Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Add additional milk as needed to reach desired creaminess.)
6. Finely chop parsley. Serve mashed potatoes with mushroom bourguignon spooned over top. Sprinkle with parsley.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (235g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 233.5mg||8 %|
|Potassium 934mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 25.9g|
|Protein 5.1g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 135
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!