1. Heat water over high heat and cook raviolis as the package calls for. When done remove from water and place in metal bowl with 1 tbsp of olive oil, tossing to coat so they don't stick.
2. Meanwhile over medium-high heat reduce chardonnay until the pan is dry (roughly 10 minutes), being careful not to burn. The minute the liquid has left the pan add the heavy cream and reduce over same heat for roughly 3 minutes or so, stirring to mix well and prevent burning. Once cream has thickened add butter 1 tbsp at a time until it is completely melted and season with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Remove from heat and keep aside to use later.
3. Peel asparagus stalks to remove green outside. Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces and place in boiling water for 3 minutes to blanch. Remove from water and set aside.
4. Add 1 tbsp oil to saute pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red onion and cook 1-2 minutes until soft. Then add asparagus and cook another 2 minutes, tossing to mix well. Add tomato and raviolis and mix another minute. Add pre-cooked crab and cook another minute before adding the juice of half a lemon, 1 tsp kosher salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Cook another 2 minutes to bring crab to temperature and finish reducing the lemon juice.
5. Place ravioli and vegetables in 2 bowls. Spoon 1-2 tbsp of the white wine cream sauce over the pasta. If you have a wedge of pasta use a vegetable peeler to peel shavings of Parmesan over the dish, otherwise you can easily substitute shredded Parmesan cheese.
These fresh mushroom raviolis were purchased in the specialty section of walmart and cook quickly as they are not frozen. They should be available in any grocery store and as mentioned before you can easily substitute any other raviolis you desire. Also we used leftover crab from legs we had steamed the night before but you can also substitute lump crab, imitation crab or any form of it you like.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (391g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 321 (72%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 35.6g||48 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.5g||103 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 104.1mg||32 %|
|Sodium 1453.3mg||50 %|
|Potassium 354.9mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 8.1g|
|Protein 8.3g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 447
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!