Prep time 4 minutes, cook time 20 minutes total.
A variation on the standard Velout?.
Follow the some recipe as for the Bechamel sauce, except the flour and butter mix is cooked for for 5 minutes rather than 2 minutes, and stock is used instead of milk.
1. Fit the Flexi-beater.
2. Put a splash of oil in and select 120?C for one minute to warm up.
3. Saute the mushrooms and shallots at 120?C, stirring 1, for one minute. Remove, drain, reserve, wipe the bowl.
2. Set the Kenwood at 120?C and stirring 3 for 1 minute, empty.
3. Add the butter, set to stirring 1 / 120?C and wait for it to all melt.
4. Add the flour and cook for 5 minutes (2 minutes would be a Bechamel).
5. Add the stock slowly, letting it kind of stay at boiling point until it's all in.
6. Bring back to the boil (i.e. wait)
7. Reduce to 60-70?C, add reserved mushrooms and shallots. Then add white wine, cognac, mustard, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4 Servings is actually 1/2 Litre
This velvet-like sauce is wonderfully versatile.
It's basically the same recipe as for the Bechamel sauce, except cook the flour and butter mix for 5 minutes rather than 2 minutes, and use stock instead of milk, and flavoured with Mushrooms.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (92g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 194 (72%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.6g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.5g||67 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 66.5mg||20 %|
|Sodium 109.9mg||4 %|
|Potassium 72.9mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 13.5g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 268
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!