1) Set aside 7 strips of bacon and fry the remaining bacon until crisp. Crumb the fried bacon in a food processor and set aside.
2) Slice celery & chop peppers and onion.
3) In a microwave dish add chopped vegetables and a little water. Steam vegetables in microwave oven for 2 minutes until softened. Drain any excess water.
4) Preheat the oven to 375°.
5) In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the 7 strips of bacon & BBQ sauce.
5) Place the meat mixture in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and, using your hands, form it into a loaf.
6) Cover the loaf with the bacon strips. Bake the meat loaf, uncovered, until cooked through, about 1 hour. (last time I baked for about 70 minutes)
Slice and serve with BBQ sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (251g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 467 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 51.9g||69 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.6g||88 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 23.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.9g|
|Cholesterol 277.4mg||85 %|
|Sodium 2249.4mg||78 %|
|Potassium 818.6mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 12.9g|
|Protein 47.5g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 726
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.