1. Heat 1/2 tsp ghee in a pan and roast all the ingredients except coconut from table 1. Grind the roasted ingredients along with coconut and little water to a fine paste.
2. Pressure cook Toor Dal and mash it.
3. Add water to tamarind paste and dilute it. To this add salt, curry leaves, chopped tomatoes and bring it to a boil.
4. Add mashed Dal and ground paste . When froth starts to form take off heat. Add asafetida.
5. Crackle mustard seeds in 1/2 tsp of ghee and add it to the rasam along with chopped cilantro.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (33g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 18 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 2.8mg||1 %|
|Sodium 884.2mg||30 %|
|Potassium 129.7mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 4.3g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 39
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!