1) Cut up the bacon in half-inch bits and cook on the stove in crock pot. Microwave the potatoes for 5 mins to soften them up a bit.
2) When bacon done, add the onion and leeks, and cook for 10 minutes.
3) In a separate pot, heat the broth and half-and-half.
4) When onions and leeks finish cooking, add the heated broth, half-and-half, and all other ingredients except the crab meat to the crock pot.
5) Move the crock pot to its electric base and cook on high for 2 hours, then puree the soup with a hand-held electric mixer for a couple of minutes, add the crab meat (two 3-oz containers) to the mix, set crock pot on low and cook for another hour.
The bacon is the key flavor ingredient!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (400g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 149 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.6g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 8g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 62mg||19 %|
|Sodium 564.5mg||19 %|
|Potassium 728.2mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.4g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 34.9g|
|Protein 14.1g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 346
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.