1. In large (12") high-sided frying pan, cook lamb cubes in veg oil on high for about 5 minutes, browning on all sides, then empty into crock pot with the lamb stock, and turn pot on to high.
2. Add more oil to frying pan, then cook onions, garlic, chilis, and ginger for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the tumeric, garam masala, cumin, and curry powder for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add the flour and stir for another minute.
5. Add the tomatoes, Sockarooni sauce, and coconut milk, stirring while bringing to a simmer.
6. Empty contents of frying fan into crock pot, stir with lamb, and cook on high for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
7. Add the sour cream, stir well, and cook for another 15 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with wild rice and mushrooms (with pine nuts to add a different texture).
Ask your butcher to cube the lamb for you. Buy good Minnesota wild rice. I get the top grade roasted version ($13/lb) shipped from Lunds-Byerleys in Minneapolis by calling 800-328-3975. Search for Nautico's Minnesota Wild Rice recipe for how best to prepare.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (381g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 900 (83%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 100g||133 %|
|Saturated Fat 48.6g||243 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 37.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.1g|
|Cholesterol 113.1mg||35 %|
|Sodium 65.3mg||2 %|
|Potassium 731.6mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.1g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 30.7g|
|Protein 15.5g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1089
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!