1) Put 1 cup of Minnesota wild rice in a large strainer, running it under cold water for about a minute. Then place the washed rice in a pot with 4 cups of water. Add the boullion cubes and bring to boil, stirring to disperse the dissolving cubes. Turn the burner down to one setting above Low, cover, and simmer for exactly 45 minutes (even a minute or two longer will result in soggy rice). Strain rice, then reserve in a covered serving dish.
2) Remove the lobster meat from the shells and cut into bits of your size preference. In a saute pan just large enough to contain the lobster, poach the meat at medium heat in enough butter sufficient to cover it for 3 minutes. Remove and reserve all of the melted butter except for 1/4 cup, then add 3 tabl of brandy and 2 tabl of Marsala wine. Stir for 2 more minutes, then remove meat from the pan and set aside.
3) Stir the cream (I use coffee cream, but half-and-half will reduce the calories) into the sauce pan and boil until reduced by about half. Reduce heat to Low and stir in the remaining 2 tabl of brandy and 1 tabl of Marsala along with the salt, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg (I grind freshly).
4) Whisk in the egg yolks and cook until thick, then readd the lobster and heat through. Saute the mushrooms, using the reserved melted butter and any additional butter needed, then add them and the butter to the wild rice, stirring well.
5) Serve the lobster and Newburg sauce atop the rice in individual ramekins.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (523g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 669 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 74.4g||99 %|
|Saturated Fat 44.4g||222 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 20.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 426.7mg||131 %|
|Sodium 399.4mg||14 %|
|Potassium 1647.9mg||43 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 62.4g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.3g||29 %|
|Sugars, other 55.1g|
|Protein 23.6g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1005
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.