1) Place all of the ham and peas in a crock pot. Leave it off for now.
2) Bring the water to a boil on the stove, adding the ham base extract only. Stir well, then pour over the ham and peas in the crock pot, turning it on to "high."
3) Add all the seasoning. Set a timer for 3 hours.
4) Cut up all the veggies and put them in the fridge in a covered bowl.
5) After 3 hours, do the following:
Remove the hocks. Cut off what little ham there is on them and put those pieces and the hocks back in the pot.
Using a large slotted spoon, put about 2/3 of the peas into a blender along with a cup of broth and puree for one minute. Pour back into pot.
Add the chopped veggies to the pot.
6) Cook one additional hour.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (307g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 25.1mg||1 %|
|Potassium 155.4mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.5g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 6.9g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 37
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.