Be sure to soak dried beans overnight.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until they are translucent.
- Add the paprika and let it cook with the onions for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook 2 minutes.
- Drain the white beans and rinse them well. Add the beans to the onion mixture.
- Add the carrots, and the bay leaf and mix them in well.
- Cover with enough chicken broth to be about 1½ inch over the level of the beans. (You can also use water to keep the recipe vegetarian.)
- Cook the beans according using one of the below methods: pressure cooker, crock pot, or stove top.
- When the beans are cooked and they are tender, add the salt and stir well, and then add the spinach and stir just until they are wilted; 1 to 2 minutes.
Pressure cooker – Cooking time is 25 to 30 minutes on medium-low
Crock pot – 6 hours
Stove top – place in an 8-quart stockpot and cook until tender—approximately 1.5 hours
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (380g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 230 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.5g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.9g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.3g|
|Cholesterol 113.4mg||35 %|
|Sodium 192.2mg||7 %|
|Potassium 1779.8mg||47 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 55.7g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 21.9g||87 %|
|Sugars, other 33.9g|
|Protein 47.7g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 637
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.