• 220c oven
• mix together flour, salt, baking powder & sugar
• add the cubed butter, mix with fingers or paddle mixer until the mixture forms crumbs
• place the mix in the centre of a dry work bench, form a well in the centre
• add the vanilla & lemon juice to the milk & add the whole liquid mixture to the well you have just made
• incorporate the liquid into the dry mix, it will seem to wet at first, as you push & fold the mixture it will dry out
• add flour to your hands if too sticky
• roll the dough out to even thickness of around 4cm
• using a 6cm circular cutter, cut out the scones & place on baking tray
• using a pastry brush, brush the top & sides of each scone with the beaten egg
• cook for 10-12 minutes until risen & golden brown
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (75g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 6 (4%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.7g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 1mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2506.5mg||86 %|
|Potassium 78.1mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.2g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 32g|
|Protein 4.8g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 162
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!