1. Place beef in 6.5 quart Dutch oven or large stockpot; cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2.5 to 3 hours or until almost tender. Turn beef once and skim foam if necessary.
2. Add onions and turnips; cook for 30 more minutes.
3. Add potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. Cook for 20 more minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
4. Remove meat from pot and rest it on a platter for 15 minutes before slicing. Cut away any visible fat. Transfer vegetables from pot with a slotted spoon and place around beef.
5. Run the remaining juice in pot through a fat strainer, then return to pot. Bring juice to a boil for about 10 minutes to reduce by half.
6. Combine mustard and horseradish. Slice beef and serve with the vegetables, reduced juice , and mustard sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (486g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 253 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.1g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.7g||44 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 98mg||30 %|
|Sodium 2494.4mg||86 %|
|Potassium 1518.6mg||40 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.5g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||26 %|
|Sugars, other 26.9g|
|Protein 31.4g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 512
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!