1. Drain the clams, reserving the juice. If you are using fresh clams, chop them, being sure to save all the juices.
2. Combine the juice and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
3. Remove from the heat and keep the liquid hot for step 7.
4. In a heavy saucepot, render the salt pork over medium heat.
5. Add the onions and cook slowly until soft, but do not brown.
6. Add the flour and stir to make a roux. Cook the roux slowly 3 - 4 minutes, but do not let it brown.
7. Using a wire whip, slowly stir the clam liquid and water into the roux. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to make sure the liquid is smooth.
8. Add the potatoes. Simmer until tender.
9. Stir in the clams and hot milk and cream. Heat gently, but do not boil.
10. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (319g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 177 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.6g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.6g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 45.5mg||14 %|
|Sodium 22191.6mg||765 %|
|Potassium 348.5mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.9g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 16.7g|
|Protein 5g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 265
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!