1. Preheat oven to 300 F
2. Place Sauerkraut in colander, press to release excess liquid. set aside
3. melt 3 tablespoons of fat over medium-low heat and add the bacon. Cook unit most of the fat is rendered, about 4 minutes. Add the onions and continue to cook until they are soft but not browned.
4. Transfer the bacon-onion mixture to a roasting pan or dutch oven. Add the drained sauerkraut and toss to combine. Using a small piece of cheesecloth, make a bouquet with the thyme, bay leaves, peppercorns, juniper berries and garlic. Place in the dish. Add the chicken stock and beer, stir to combine. Add sliced apples
5. Place in oven, covered.
6. Melt 1 tablespoon of fat and brown the pork roast on each side.
7. Place Pork Roast into the sauerkraut mixture and cover. Cook until temperature probe reads 135 F.
8. Remove from oven, remove the bouquet and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
9. Serve pork, sauerkraut, and apples along with Whole-Grain Mustard for a great coming year!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (391g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 73 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.1g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.6g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 13.2mg||4 %|
|Sodium 1043.9mg||36 %|
|Potassium 479.9mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.8g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 16.6g|
|Protein 6.6g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 196
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!