1. Generously butter a 1.1 litre and a 600ml pudding basin.
2. Chop up the glace cherries roughly. Place the dried fruit, almonds, breadcrumbs, flour, suet and spices in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Whisk the eggs until frothy and thickened and stir in the stout and spirit.
4. Stir into the dry ingredients.
5. Spoon the mixture into the pudding basins and smooth the tops.
6. Cover each basin with a double layer of greaseproof paper and foil, tie with string, making a strong handle to lift out the basin. Place into large saucepans and pour in boiling water to come three-quarters of the way up the sides of each basin. Cover the pan and steam, for about 6 hours for the larger basin and 4-5 hours for the smaller, checking to see if the water needs topping after about 2 hours.
7. When the puddings are cold, put them away in a dark cool place, where they will keep for 2-3 months if necessary. On Christmas Day, replace the greaseproof paper and foil with clean layers and steam for another hour or so before serving with brandy butter or whipped cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (174g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 233 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.9g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 107.2mg||33 %|
|Sodium 199.2mg||7 %|
|Potassium 416.3mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 66.8g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 62.8g|
|Protein 8g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 526
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.