1. In a large stock pot, cook the bacon pieces until well browned.
2. Remove bacon to drain on paper towel.
3. Add the chicken pieces to the bacon drippings and cook until just browned; chicken will not be cooked through.
4. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside to drain with bacon.
5. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the pot; add the flour, garlic, and onion to the pot; and combine to make a roux.
6. Add the diced chili and cumin to the pot and stir to combine.
7. Add the green chili sauce and the chicken stock; stir well to combine and bring the mixture to a boil.
8. Add the potatoes to the pot, reduce heat, and allow stew to simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally so stew does not burn or stick to the pot.
9. Add Mrs. Dash seasoning and continue to cook until the sauce thickens and the potatoes are tender.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (401g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 109 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.1g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 57.6mg||18 %|
|Sodium 395.9mg||14 %|
|Potassium 502mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.7g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 14.1g|
|Protein 22.8g||33 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 264
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!