1. Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees, and lightly coat a 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine yogurt and baking soda. Mix well and set aside. (Mixture will grow in volume.)
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat applesauce with sugar until well mixed. Add egg whites and vanilla and beat well, about 2 minutes.
4. Combine flour with baking powder, and add to applesauce mixture alternately with yogurt mixture.
5. Topping: Combine sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
6. Spread half the batter in the pan. Sprinkle with half the topping mix. Cover with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining topping.
7. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a wire rack.
Adapted from Smart Cooking Cookbook, posted to MC-Recipe Digest v.1 #374 by M. Ward on Jan 15, 1997.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (113g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 196 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.8g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.2g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 322.1mg||99 %|
|Sodium 158.8mg||5 %|
|Potassium 149.7mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.4g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 39.1g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 368
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!