Try this No Knead Foccacia recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Whisk yeast, honey, and 2 1/2 cups lukewarm water in a medium bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add AP flour and Kosher salt and mix with a rubber spatula until a shaggy dough forms
3. Put 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil into a bit bowl. Transfer dough to bowl and coat in oil. Cover with practice wrap and chill until dough is doubled in size (at least 8 hours and up to 1 day)
4. Generously butter 13x9 Baking pan. Pour 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil into the center of pan. Keeping the dough in the bowl and using a fork in each hand, gather up edges of dough farthest from you and lift up and over into the center of bowl. Give the bowl a quarter turn and repeat process. Do this 2 more times; you want to deflate dough while you form it into a rough ball. Transfer dough to prepared pan. Pour any oil left in bowl over and turn dough to coat it in oil. Let rise, uncovered, in a dry, warm spot until doubled in size-at least 1 1/2 hours and up to 4 hours.
5. Place a rack in the middle of oven; preheat to 450 degrees. To see if the dough is ready, poke it with your finger. It should spring back slowly, leaving a small visible indentation. If it springs back quickly, the dough isn't ready. Lightly oil your hands. If using a rimmed baking sheet, gently stretch out dough to fill. Dimple focaccia all over with your fingers (reach your fingers to bottom of the pan). Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Bake focaccia until puffed and golden brown all over, 20-30 minutes.
6. Once you want to serve the focaccia, melt 4 tbsp. unsalted butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Peel and grate in 2-4 garlic cloves with a microplane. Return to medium heat and cook, stirring often, until garlic is just lightly toasted, 30-45 seconds.
7. Brush garlic-butter all over focaccia and slice into squares or rectangles
8. Reheat in 300 degree oven.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (74g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 82 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.1g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 12.2mg||4 %|
|Sodium 606.6mg||21 %|
|Potassium 68.8mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.3g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 46.6g|
|Protein 6.5g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 305
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.