Prepare the eggplant: (or zucchini if you aren’t a fan of eggplant)
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the egg plant into ½ slices long ways, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place the eggplant on it. Do not put the eggplant on top of each other.
- Season with some pepper, salt is optional.
- Bake it for 5 min.
- Flip it and bake for another 5 min.
Set the oven back to 350 degrees.
Prepare the sauce: (Use this sauce for spaghetti too)
- Brown the optional ground turkey
- Mix Ragu, minced zucchini, minced onion, and minced (chopped if you like a chunky sauce).
- Add minced garlic
- Add drained frozen spinach
Prepare the filling:
- Mix ricotta, 1/4 cup of parmesan, about a half cup of shredded mozzarella, one egg (beaten), salt/pepper to taste.. a shake of dried basil, and a shake of oregano.
- Pour a coating of sauce on the bottom of the pan
- Layer with eggplant and then the filling.
- When done layering top with a HEAVY layer of shredded mozzarella and sharp cheddar.
Bake at 350 until bubbly (about 45min).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (418g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 156 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.3g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.8g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 112.3mg||35 %|
|Sodium 565.9mg||20 %|
|Potassium 915.9mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.4g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.7g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 11.7g|
|Protein 34.2g||49 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 364
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.