1. Toss sweet potatoes, canola oil, kosher salt, and pepper to coat
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
3. Arrange in a single layer and then cover with another sheet aluminum foil
4. Place in a COLD OVEN, set to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake for 30 minutes
5. Remove the top aluminum foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes
6. Flip potatoes and continue baking for 20 minutes
7. Remove and let cool 5 minutes (Impossible.)
8. Serve with a slight dusting of powdered sugar
It is imperative that you start these in a cold oven. The starch in the sweet potatoes converts to sugars between 135 and 175 degrees Fahrenheit. The longer they stay in that range, the sweeter these will taste.
This recipe is by David Pazmino as published in the Nov-Dec 2008 issue of Cook's Illustrated.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (158g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2|
|Calories from Fat: 127 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.1g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2397.5mg||83 %|
|Potassium 451.9mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.8g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 29.6g|
|Protein 2.2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 265
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.