1. Heat oven to 500. Grease light colored 9-inch round cake pan with butter.
2. Working with 1/3 cup cheese, use hands to squeeze cheese into 6 firm balls. .Set aside.
3. Pulse 2 1/4 cups flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in food processor until combined (6 pulses).
4. Added chilled butter and pulse until crumbly and resembles cornmeal (8-10 pulses).
5. Transfer to large bowl and add buttermilk and mix until just combined. Should be lumpy and wet.
6. Spread remaining 1 cup flour in a rimmed baking sheet. Using a greased 1/2 cup dry measure, transfer 6 portions of dough to the covered baking sheet. Dust each with flour from the baking sheet.
7. Flour your hands and gently flatten each piece into a 3.5 inch circle-ish and coat with flour. Put one of the cheese balls in the center and pull and pinch the dough around it. Place seam side down in the greased round baking dish with 5 around the outside and 1 in the center.
8. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.
9. Bake 5 minutes at 500 and then turn down to 450 and bake fro 15-20 more minutes until deep golden brown
10. Let biscuits cool in pan for 2 minutes then invert on a plate, break apart and turn right-side-up. Let cool 5 mins and serve warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (247g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 369 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 41g||55 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.6g||128 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 114.9mg||35 %|
|Sodium 1115.4mg||38 %|
|Potassium 277mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 60.7g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 58.8g|
|Protein 20.6g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 694
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!