1. Preheat the oven to 150C/Gas 2 if cooking in the oven.
2 Season the flour generously with Salt and Pepper and toss the meat in the seasoned flour.
3. Heat the oil or butter in a flame-proof heavy-based casserole dish over a fairly high heat and then brown the beef in batches. Remove and set aside.
4. Reduce the heat, add more butter or oil to the casserole dish if necessary and gently cook the onion, garlic and ginger for 10 minutes until softened. Add the carrots, and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Poor in the guinness and stock. Return the beef to the casserole dish and add the soy sauce.
6. Cover and simmer gently, or cook in the oven for at least 2 hours or until the meat is meltingly tender.
7. Heat the remaining oil or butter in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms until golden. Add to the casserole. Taste and add more soy sauce if needed.
8. Serve with finely chopped parsley, mashed potato, and green vegetables.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (840g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 55 (18%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.1g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 5mg||2 %|
|Sodium 875.6mg||30 %|
|Potassium 1439.1mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 55.2g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.4g||46 %|
|Sugars, other 43.8g|
|Protein 8.5g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 311
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.