1. Fill a large stockpot with water. Cut the ends and tips off of the turnips, and place them in the stockpot. Cover, and boil the turnips over medium heat until fork tender(about 35 mins)
2. Once the turnips are fully cooked, remove them from the heat, and drain the water. Allow the turnips to completely cool.
3. Meanwhile, boil the two eggs by placing them in a small saucepan. Cover them with water bring to a boil and allow to boil for ten mins. Promptly place the hard boiled eggs in a ice bath and allow to cool completely before peeling.
4. To make the mayo, melt the coconut oil in a glass liquid measuring cup with a spout. Allow the coconut oil to cool a moment before adding the sesame oil and olive oil. In a food processor or high speed blender, blend the egg, brown mustard, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Drizzle in the oil mixture at a very slow trickle ( taking 3-4 mins for the entire cup of oil). Continue to process the mayonnaise until it has reached the desired consistency.
5. When the turnips are cool, cut them into bite sized chunks. Combine the turnips and celery in a large mixing bowl. Gently fold 1/2 cup mayo into the turnip and celery mix. Add the paprika, chives, parsley, dill and ham and continue to carefully stir all ingredients until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Chop, the hard boiled eggs and sprinkle them over the salad. Lightly stir the eggs into the salad and keep it chilled in the refrigerator until time to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (171g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 561 (89%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 62.4g||83 %|
|Saturated Fat 23.4g||117 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.6g|
|Cholesterol 148.8mg||46 %|
|Sodium 1088.1mg||38 %|
|Potassium 273.7mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 4.8g|
|Protein 13.1g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 629
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!