This is a delicious, healthy and protein rich dish enjoyable for all the family! Roast chicken skewers with a nutty crunch, accompanied with an Asian inspired honey and soy dip, stir fry mix and ginger infused rice. If a teenager with no cooking experience can make this dish with ease and enjoyment, so can you!
(approx. 432 calories per serving)
...take pleasure in cooking, appreciate new and exciting flavours, share the experience with a friend and love life!...
1. Place wooden skewers in a bowl of water.
2. Remove any fat from the chicken (optional) then cut chicken into strips.
3. Combine egg, nuts and breadcrumbs in a bowl and dip chicken strips in the mixture.
4. Place tin foil over a backing tray, skewer the chicken then lay them on the tray and drizzle with olive oil or a squirt of cooking spray.
5. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 180°, turning them over half way.
6. During, boil the rice with 2 cups of water for about 10 minutes. When it has fully absorbed the water, add 1tbsp of ground ginger for flavour. Keep warm by covering the pan with a sheet of tin foil.
7. Stir fry veg mix and in a separate pan, create the sauce by heating the honey then adding soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
8. Serve with 3-4 skewers per person, depending on size of strips, with rice and vegetables. Sauce can be poured over dish or in a separate dipping pot.
For presentational purposes, you can mould the rice into a cup then turn upside down onto the plate.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (138g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 39 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.4g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 46.5mg||14 %|
|Sodium 709.9mg||24 %|
|Potassium 200mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 83.4g||25 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 80.2g|
|Protein 12.7g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 432
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.