1. Grease a shallow 7 1/2 inch square tin.
2. Put the sugar, cream ,butter, chocolate, and syrup into a heavy-based saucepan. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved and the chocolate has melted.
3. Bring to a boil. Using a sugar thermometer, boil to 240 degrees F, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Remove from heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
4. Using a large wooden spoon, beat the mixture until it is thick and creamy and begins to look grainy.
5. Stir in the nuts and pour into the prepared tin. Leave until the fudge is set.
6. To make the topping, melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
7. Spread the melted chocolate mixture evenly over the fudge and leave to cool. Put in the refrigerator until set.
8. With a sharp knife, cut into small squares and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1218g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3403 (74%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 378.1g||504 %|
|Saturated Fat 213.6g||1068 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 107g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 27g|
|Cholesterol 737.4mg||227 %|
|Sodium 1650.8mg||57 %|
|Potassium 2533.6mg||67 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 259.2g||76 %|
|Dietary Fiber 17.8g||71 %|
|Sugars, other 241.4g|
|Protein 59.3g||85 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4573
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!