Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. In a large pot melt butter and add flour to make a roux.
2. Stir constantly, cooking for approximately 3 minutes on very low heat.
3. Add milk and cream, whisking constantly.
4. Combine Dijon, Worcestshire, and Tabasco, and add to pot.
5. Cook mixture until it starts to thicken.
6. Remove from heat and add cheese, continuously whisking until cheese is melted, sauce should be thick.
7. Strain through a mesh sieve and combine with macaroni.
8. Place mixture in baking dish and top with crumbled Ritz crackers and breadcrumbs.
9. Place in oven approximately 8 minutes or until golden brown.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (788g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 1306 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 145.1g||193 %|
|Saturated Fat 87.7g||439 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 40.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.3g|
|Cholesterol 477.1mg||147 %|
|Sodium 2178.4mg||75 %|
|Potassium 1106.3mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 159.8g||47 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.1g||29 %|
|Sugars, other 152.7g|
|Protein 65g||93 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2197
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.