Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9X13 cake pan and set aside. Do not use a fragile pan as the topping brieffly broiled.
1. In a bowl combine the oats with the water and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add oats and mix.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix very well. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. Gradually add to the oat mixture and mix well.
5. Pour into the pan and bake for 30 to 35 minues, until brown and a knife comes out clean. Remove from the oven.
The last 4 ingredients are used.
1. Preheat the broiler. In a bowl, combine all the topping ingredients and mix well. The mixture will be thick.
2. Spread evenly over the warm cake. Twarmth of the cake will help the topping spread more easily.
3. Place the cake back in the oven under the broiler 2 inches fromthe heat. Broil until browned lightly, 2 to 4 minutes.
4. Cool on a wire rack.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (117g)|
|Recipe Makes: 15 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 219 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.3g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.3g||77 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 82.3mg||25 %|
|Sodium 261mg||9 %|
|Potassium 127.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.6g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 42.2g|
|Protein 3.4g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 398
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!