1) Combine flour and salt in food processor fitted with steel blade. Cut frozen
shortening into chunks with a knife and add to food processor bowl. Pulse
until mixture forms fine crumbs. With machine running, add ice water and
continue to process until dough forms on the blades.
2) Crust can also be made with pastry blender or fork. Vegetable shortening
should be chilled or at room temperature. Amount of ice water might need
to be increased.
3) Take dough and form into 2 balls. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheight.
2) Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch in
saucepan. Add cherry juice and cook until mixture is thick and bubbly.
Boil, stirring, 1 minute. Add cherries; cook 1 minute more or until mix-
ture begins to boil again. Remove from heat and add vegetable
shortening, almond extract, and vanilla.
1) Remove dough from refrigerator. On lightly floured surface, roll bottom
crust into circle 1/8-inch thick and about 1-1/2 inches larger than inverted
9 inch pie plate. Gently ease dough into pie plate, being careful not to
stretch it. Trim edge even with pie plate.
2) Spoon filling into pastry. Roll out top crust and place over filling. Trim
1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold top edge under bottom crust;
flute edge as desired.
3) Brush top crust with milk and sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
4) Bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees Farenheight
and continue baking 25 minutes or until crust is ???.
Obtain last lines of recipe.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (253g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 174 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.3g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.1g||40 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 14.1mg||4 %|
|Sodium 15.9mg||1 %|
|Potassium 40.8mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.5g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 20.3g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 258
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!