1. Have baked 9-inch pie shell ready
2. In a large saucepan, scald the milk. In another saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in the scalded milk. Over medium heat, stirring constantly, cook until thickened. Cover and stirring occasionally, cook for two minutes longer.
3. In a small bowl, halve the 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten, ready; stir a small amount of the hot mixture into beaten yolks; when thoroughly combined, sitr yolks into hot mixture. Cook for one minute longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and blend in the butter and vanilla. Let sit until lukewarm.
4. When ready to pour, slice bananas and scatter in pie shell; pour warm mixture over bananas.
5. Refrigerate until chilled and set up.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (110g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 102 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.3g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 87.4mg||27 %|
|Sodium 5361.1mg||185 %|
|Potassium 202.5mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.7g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 28.1g|
|Protein 2.6g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 227
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!