Try this Old Fashioned Buttercream recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Quickly whisk together 4 TBSP of the milk with the flour. This slurry will be somewhat thick, so whisk thoroughly to make it smooth. Press out any lumps with a flexible spatula, if necessary.
2. Whisk in the rest of the milk and transfer the mixture to a 2-quart heavy bottom saucepan. Bring to a simmer for about 30 seconds over medium heat, whisking the whole time.
3. Remove the pan from the stove and place plastic wrap directly against the milk's surface. Cool to room temperature.
4. Combine the butter sugar, salt, and vanilla in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix at medium to high speed for 5 minutes.
5. Pour the cooled milk and flour mixture into the bowl and beat for another 5 minutes, or longer as needed to achieve a spreadable consistency.
Ices 24 cupcakes or one 9 inch layer cake.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (41g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 141 (75%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.7g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 41.7mg||13 %|
|Sodium 119.6mg||4 %|
|Potassium 22.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.6g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 11.6g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 187
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.