1. Preheat the oven to 475F / 250?C.
2. Place the corn meal in a mixing bowl and add the salt and butter.
3. Pour the boiling water over the corn meal and stir immediately. It is crucial that the water be boiling when it is poured. Add milk and stir unil well mixed.
4. Melt the butter in a 8" or 9" round cake tin. Grease the sides of the pan and pour in the batter. Place the pan over heat until the batter begins to bubble around the edges.
5. Place the pan in the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, dot with butter if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (94g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 73 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.1g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.2g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 16.1mg||5 %|
|Sodium 47.6mg||2 %|
|Potassium 137.5mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 24.2g|
|Protein 4.1g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 199
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.