1. Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
2. Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
3. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker.
Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
4. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft. 30 minutes before serving:
5. Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
6. Add cream, kale, and bacon to the crock pot, stir.
7. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
8. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste. BEST. SOUP. EVER!!!!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (250g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 547 (77%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 60.8g||81 %|
|Saturated Fat 22g||110 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.6g|
|Cholesterol 190.5mg||59 %|
|Sodium 1064.1mg||37 %|
|Potassium 541.6mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 2.1g|
|Protein 36.7g||52 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 713
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.