1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest in a large bowl with the chocolate chunks.
3. In a separate bowl, combine ¾ C milk, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and olive oil.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the mixture just comes together and forms a dough.
5. On a floured surface shape the dough into a round disk about 1 inch thick. Cut dough into 4 to 6 triangles depending on the size you want.
6. Place scones on lined baking sheet and place in freezer for 10 to 12 minutes to firm.
7. Once the dough has firmed up, brush the tops of each scone with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
8. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe created by Chef Michael Anderson for Texas Hill Country Olive Company
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (108g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 234 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.6g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 32.5mg||10 %|
|Sodium 3701.9mg||128 %|
|Potassium 94.1mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 30.7g|
|Protein 5.1g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 381
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!