1. Heat the pan on a very high heat.
2. In a bowl lightly whisk/ mix the eggs with a drizzle of milk. If using herbs mix them in too (e.g. thyme, parsley, chives, tarragon, chervil).
3. Throw a knob of butter into the pan and let it melt/ foam but not burn. As soon as the butter is bubbling, pour in the egg mixture.
4. Stand back, resist all temptation to touch the pan, and count to 8 for a 2-egg omelette (or 10 for a 3-egg omelette).
5. You will see that the omelette is now virtually cooked. Tilt the pan forwards, pull the far tip of the omelette slightly towards you with a spatula or wooden spoon, and let any remaining mixture flow to the base of the frying pan. Depending on the size of your omelette, you may need to do this once of twice.
6. Throw the filling in. If using cheese it will melt in the time it takes to serve the omelette.
7. To serve, tilt the pan 45 degrees to the side, allow the edge of the omelette to slip on to a plate and roll the rest of the omelette over itself by turning the frying pan towards the plate.
- Classic: Ham, grated Cheddar and chopped tomato
- Norwegian: A few strips of smoked salmon and a few small dollops of cream cheese
- French: Thin slices of onion and mushrooms - gently fry until soft PRIOR TO making the omelette. Add to the omelette with a few slithers of creamy Brie.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!