1. Preheat oven to 450. Lightly pound fillets between sheets of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Pat chicken dry, season with salt.
2. In a shallow medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg, garlic powder and salt together. Set aside. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, panko, basil and parmesan cheese.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon tomato paste over one side of each fillet; top with parsley, garlic powder and vegetable stock powder; place one slice of mozzarella onto each half of a fillet; roll each fillet (starting from the cheese end) and place seam side down. Seal with a toothpick if needed.
4. Heat the olive oil in a 12 inch case iron skillet or oven proof frying pan over medium heat. Evenly coat the rolled chicken fillets into the egg mixture, then into the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Place the chicken (seam side down) into the preheated skillet/pan and cook on each side for 4-5 minutes until the coating is golden brown and the cheese on the inside has melted.
6. Reduce heat to low and pour in the pasta sauce. Move the chicken around with tongs so the sauce is evenly covered over the base of the pan. Allow to simmer 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
7. Pour some sauce from the pan over each piece of chicken; place skillet/pan in the oven to cook for 10 more minutes. Remove pan from oven, top each piece of chicken with remaining cheese slices. Return to oven and allow to broil on medium heat until cheese has melted over the top. Garnish with extra dried parsley and Italian herbs.
8. Serve over pasta.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (25g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 17 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.8g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 0.7mg||0 %|
|Sodium 289mg||10 %|
|Potassium 67.2mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 15.8g|
|Protein 3.6g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 99
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!