1. Dice onion. Place in labeled storage container and freeze until ready to use.
1. Heat olive oil in a large walled skillet over medium-high heat. Stack tortillas on a cutting board and cut the stack into 1-inch pieces with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Add corn tortilla pieces to hot oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove tortillas and set aside.
2. Add ground beef, and onion to pan. Cook, stirring and breaking up beef, until beef is browned and onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in enchilada sauce, garlic, corn, black beans, salt, pepper, cumin and paprika. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the corn tortilla pieces and 1 cup of cheese to pan and stir to combine. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, turn off heat and cover for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with Greek yogurt, avocado and cilantro and serve with a side salad and fresh fruit.
Note: unused black beans can be used for breakfast or lunch, or frozen for 1-2 months.
Adapted from https://www.shelikesfood.com/one-pot-stove-top-enchiladas-summer-style
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (787g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 414 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 46g||61 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.9g||90 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.7g|
|Cholesterol 126.1mg||39 %|
|Sodium 537mg||19 %|
|Potassium 1781.9mg||47 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 182.2g||54 %|
|Dietary Fiber 34g||136 %|
|Sugars, other 148.3g|
|Protein 65.4g||93 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1366
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!