1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Cut hot dogs into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Finely chop onion and core and chop the bell pepper. Mince jalapeno and garlic separately. (Pro Tip: For milder heat, remove the seeds and membrane from the jalapeño before mincing.)
3. Set a Dutch oven or ovenproof pot over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once oil is shimmering, add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are translucent, 5-6 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking 1 minute longer.
4. Add diced and crushed tomatoes to the pot and stir to mix. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer chili 15 minutes.
5. Uncover chili and stir in hot dogs, black beans, kidney beans, and corn. Continue simmering until hot dogs are plump, 5-7 minutes longer.
6. Turn off the heat. Evenly sprinkle top of chili with cheese.
7. Bake casserole on middle rack of oven until cheese is fully melted and chili bubbles at the edges, 12-15 minutes.
8. Check that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
9. Let casserole cool 5-10 minutes. Slice green onions, scatter over casserole, and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2535g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1702 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 189.1g||252 %|
|Saturated Fat 83.7g||418 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 83g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.8g|
|Cholesterol 376.7mg||116 %|
|Sodium 7053mg||243 %|
|Potassium 6204.4mg||163 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 252g||74 %|
|Dietary Fiber 78.7g||315 %|
|Sugars, other 173.3g|
|Protein 154.8g||221 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3242
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!