1. Peel and halve the shallots, then peel and crush the garlic.
2. Season the pork, heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over a high heat and add the meat. Brown very well on both sides before transferring to a plate (they won’t be cooked right through, but nicely browned and the pork flavour will be in the dish from the start).
3. Add the shallots, garlic and optional thyme sprigs to the pan. Fry for about 3-4 minutes, moving it in the pan, adding a splash of stock if the garlic starts to burn. Tip in the beans and the flour and toss everything together.
4. Pour in the chicken stock, a little at a time, stirring to combine. Season well, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Return the pork to pan and simmer gently for 10 minutes, with a lid on.
5. De-stone and chop the apricots into quarters or eighths and add those and the spinach to wilt with the lid on again. Finish by stirring it all together with the drizzle of double cream. Serve up so that everyone can dig in at the table!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (768g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1087 (83%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 120.8g||161 %|
|Saturated Fat 45.1g||225 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 56.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.9g|
|Cholesterol 154.1mg||47 %|
|Sodium 1551.2mg||53 %|
|Potassium 1302.7mg||34 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.2g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 28.9g|
|Protein 24.6g||35 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1312
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!