1. Using a mallet, pound down the chicken breasts/thighs into ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken.
2. In a 2 cup measuring cup or a small bowl, combine the chicken broth, lime juice, garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes.
3. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 375ºF.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and allow to brown on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. Don't worry if the chicken isn't cooked completely, we'll finish it in the oven. Remove the chicken to a plate.
5. Reduce the flame to medium, add the diced onions to the skillet along with the chicken broth mixture. Using a whisk, scrape the bottom of the pan so all the brown bits are loosened. Let sauce reduce for about 9-12 minutes or until about ? cup of the sauce remains. Add the minced jalapeños and stir to combine.
6. When the sauce has reduced, remove from the flame, add the butter and whisk until it melts completely. With the skillet off the flame, add the heavy cream, whisk to combine. Place the skillet back over the flame for just 30 seconds, DO NOT allow the sauce to boil. Remove from heat, add the chicken back into the pan and drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Place the skillet in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Top with chopped cilantro and serve warm with additional lime wedges.
Use boneless skinless chicken breasts/thighs that about the same thickness. I pounded mine down to about ½ inch.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (244g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 134 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.9g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.9g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 159.2mg||49 %|
|Sodium 240.4mg||8 %|
|Potassium 514.1mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 2.6g|
|Protein 44.3g||63 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 333
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!