1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray Pam in a twelve cup, 2-1/2 inch diameter cup, muffin tin.
2. Using a fork, mix bran and bran cereal with the brown sugar, baking powder and salt ini a bowl. Stir in the currants and orange zest.
3. Inn another bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg whites and oil. Add this to the dry ingredients, stirring with a fork until moistened.
4. Pour the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 17 minutes.
5. Transfer muffins to a wire rack and allow to cool.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (75g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 22 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.4g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 1.2mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1727mg||60 %|
|Potassium 236.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.3g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.6g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 16.8g|
|Protein 4g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 100
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!