1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Pour the chicken broth into a small roasting pan, and set aside.
3. Loosen the skin from the breasts and thighs of the chicken.
4. Stuff the butter pieces evenly underneath the skin of the chicken, and place into the roasting pan.
5. Squeeze the orange halves over the chicken, and stuff the orange halves into the chicken cavity.
6. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
7. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then rub in the minced garlic.
8. Drizzle the melted butter all over the chicken, then lay the herb sprigs onto the breast and around the legs.
9. Cook for 80 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thigh reads 165°F.
10. Remove chicken from oven and loosely cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
11. Cut chicken into quarters.
Use the drippings from the chicken as a base to make gravy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (665g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1144 (72%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 127.1g||169 %|
|Saturated Fat 52.4g||262 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 45.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 19.1g|
|Cholesterol 524.5mg||161 %|
|Sodium 1575.3mg||54 %|
|Potassium 1170.2mg||31 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.2g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 7.2g|
|Protein 101.2g||145 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1599
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!