Start with stovetop ingredients as this mixture needs to cool before adding it to the rest of the batter.
To make the crust:
1. In a food processor, pulse almonds and pecans until crumbs form.
2. Add in the other ingredients except for the puffed cereal. Mix some more checking with your fingers if the mixture sticks together, if not add 1 teaspoon water, pulse more and check again.
3. Add in puffed cereal and mix in for a few seconds, scooping down the sides to blend in well.
4. Press into an 8-inch diameter spring-form pan lined with parchment paper.
On the stovetop:
1. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk with brown sugar and agar mixed in well.
2. Slowly bring to a boil while continuously whisking until sugar is dissolved and agar flakes also dissolve slightly.
3. Remove from heat once it comes to a boil and leave aside to cool to a lukewarm/slightly cooled mixture.
In a food processor:
1. Pulse cashews, tofu, and all other ingredients.
2. Slowly add in the liquid mixture, a few tablespoons at a time and pulsing in between.
3. Pour over the crust.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 45 minutes. Let cool completely and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Best overnight.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (29g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 97 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.8g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 134.4mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 4.9g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 132
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.