1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a baking dish, large skillet, or cast iron pot to use for cooking the main dish. The container should have a cover and hold at least 2 quarts. Shallow containers allow for more shrimp on the top layer.
2. Begin heating to a boil enough water for orzo, about 2 quarts with a small amount of oil and a teaspoon of salt.
3. In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, add 1/8 cup olive oil. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk and diced tomatoes and chopped scallions. Chop half of the basil leaves and add to mixture. Mix together.
4. Add orzo to now boiling water and boil for 5 minutes, stirring as needed to limit sticking. Strain and add on top of other ingredients in large bowl. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top of still hot orzo. Combine all ingredients together.
5. Transfer mixture to cooking dish and smooth to create an even surface. Salt and pepper lightly, if desired. Tear remaining basil leaves into smaller pieces and distribute on top. Distribute shrimp as a single top layer, packing tightly if required. Squeeze more juice from lemon onto shrimp.
6. Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
Using dried basil doesn't give the same result, but frozen shrimp can work reasonably well if that's the only option.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (241g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 69 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.7g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 103mg||32 %|
|Sodium 396.7mg||14 %|
|Potassium 312.8mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.9g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.5g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 57.5g|
|Protein 24.4g||35 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 416
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.