1. Salt and Pepper shanks, to taste.Dredge shanks with flour
2. Heat oil in an oven proof pan on high heat and sauté shanks on all sides , 2 minutes a side .Remove
3. Reduce heat to medium and sauté onions, celery, carrots and garlic until softened, about 2 minutes.
4. Add wine and bring to a boil. Add beef stock and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Add shanks. Liquid should come 1/2 to 3/4 up the shanks.
5.Cover with foil and lid and bake at 350F for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours until fork tender.
6. Remove shanks from liquid and gently boil liquid until thickened or sprinkle with corn starch
7. Serve over rice, quinoa or corn meal bread
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1270g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 707 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 78.5g||105 %|
|Saturated Fat 46.7g||233 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 24.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 292.3mg||90 %|
|Sodium 1221.2mg||42 %|
|Potassium 3593.9mg||95 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 116.3g||34 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 113.1g|
|Protein 71.5g||102 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1481
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.