Recipe Notes: thighs bake in the same time as rice, if you prefer using breasts, add them in after 20 minutes baking time.
Long grain rice is best to use as it cooks evenly, jasmine can also be substituted with the same liquid ratio. DO NOT USE short grain, medium grain, risotto, paella or minute rice.
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) In a shallow bowl, mix together the olive oil, parsley, papriks, garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and coat each piece evenly with the seasoning. Set aside, allow the flavors to absorb into the meat.
3) Spray a large baking dish (10 inch x 15) with nonstick cooking spray. Add the onion, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, broth or stock and water into the dish. Stir well to combine. Mix in the rice.
4) Arrange thighs in the water over the rice, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked right through to the bone. Change oven setting to broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the chicken and crisp the rice.
5) When chicken and rice is finished cooked, allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes to set all of the flavors in the hot dish.
6) WHILE THE CHICKEN IS RESTING, prepare the mushrooms (Optional). Heat butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Saute garlic until fragrant (30 seconds) and add the mushrooms; cook until softened. Stir in 2 tablespoons of chives and season with salt and peepper.
7) Transfer chicken onto a plate fluff rice with fork, then mix the mushroom through the rice. Arrange the chicken back onto the riace in the idsh, garnish with chives and chopped parsley.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (466g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 242 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.9g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.1g|
|Cholesterol 51.2mg||16 %|
|Sodium 210.9mg||7 %|
|Potassium 402.4mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 75.8g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 73.3g|
|Protein 18.2g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 623
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!