This is one of my favorite ways of cooking chicken in the oven, and, it's the only use I have for granulated garlic. I think it's worth while to keep it in my spice cupboard though, because this dish is a winner. The tartness of the lemon, along with the garlic flavor, and just a touch of heat from the blacken, really kick up, what could turn out to be just another baked chicken meal. Just be careful not to use too much blacken, because the flavors will it will take over the dish.
Butt Kickin' Blacken contains neither salt, nor sugar. If you choose to use a different seasoning blend you'll probably have to adjust the salt in this recipe. It is available at: http://www.capnrons.com/index.html?ID=BO
For additional instructional pictures, please visit: http://www.capnrons.com/R_M_Lemon_Garlic_Chicken.html?ID=BO
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare a sheet pan (jelly roll pan) by covering with aluminum foil, adding a rack, then spraying the rack with cooking spray. Don't forget to do this, or you'll end up with a MAJOR cleaning problem, or you might just end up throwing the pan away.
2. Wash the chicken, dry, then place, skin side up, on the rack in the pan. Drizzle the juice of about 1/2 a lemon over the chicken. Dust with the spices, and place in the oven.
3. Cook for 45 minutes, then flip the chicken over, drizzle more lemon on top, then spice again.
4. Cook another 45 minutes, then flip, drizzle with lemon juice, add garlic and a little more of the blacken.
5. Cook for an additional 15 minutes of so, until the skin is mice and crisp. Drizzle with lemon juice one more time as you take it out of the oven.
6. Total cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken and the temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (234g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 240 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.7g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.6g||38 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.9g|
|Cholesterol 162.8mg||50 %|
|Sodium 177.8mg||6 %|
|Potassium 434mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.6g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 2.5g|
|Protein 35g||50 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 398
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.