1) Trim stems and remove any wilted outer leaves from Brussels sprouts; wash. Cut in half any large Brussels sprouts; set aside.
2) From your plastic containers, select one large enough to hold all the Brussels Sprouts. Pour a few cups of water into container and stir in 1/2 cup salt until completely dissolved. Add Brussels Sprouts. Set in kitchen sink and add water until filled to the brim. Cover with plastic lid and burp out any air pockets so that the sprouts are completely covered with water. Set aside for 1 hour.
3) Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
4) Cut Cauliflower into florets; wash.
5) After the sprouts have soaked for one hour, drain but do NOT rinse.
6) In a large mixing bowel, combine Brussels sprouts and Cauliflower. Stir in enough Olive oil to coat vegetables.
7) In a small bowel combine the "All Purpose Seasoning" ingredients and sprinkle generously on vegetables. ( Tip: if the mix is too course, you can use a coffee grinder to grind it to your taste )
8) Salt and pepper to taste.
9) Transfer vegetables to a shallow baking dish or cookie sheet large enough to spread into a single layer.
10) Roast for 25 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and roast for a few more minutes until cheese is slightly melted.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (262g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 15 (16%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.6g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 3.7mg||1 %|
|Sodium 236.8mg||8 %|
|Potassium 736.7mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.4g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 8.7g|
|Protein 7.3g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 91
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.